Platform Developer (Ruby on Rails; Kubernetes)
We are looking for a Full-Stack Ruby on Rails developer who will focus on enhancing the features, reliability, and performance of our cutting-edge application deployment system with their knowledge of Ruby, Rails, Linux server environments, Docker, and microservice best practices.
- Writing code and building tools, mostly in Ruby but also in Bash and other languages, that support our entire development team.
- Constantly improving our development and production deployment processes.
- Ensuring up-time for core infrastructure services such as Docker container servers, databases, and continuous deployment tools in testing and production environments.
- Helping provide on-call coverage for nights and weekends to ensure 24 hour support for infrastructure issues and problems.
- Configuring and administering Kubernetes clusters.
- Intermediate to senior experience as a developer
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or another MVC framework.
- Experience collaborating closely with operations teams, network engineers, and business stakeholders.
- Experience troubleshooting large, complex systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience administering Linux Servers in production.
- Experience running Docker in production.
- Familiarity with bash scripting.
Nice to have:
Ideally you’d also have:
- Experience configuring and administering Kubernetes clusters, especially in production.
- Familiarity with Python, Elixir and Rust
- Experience with CircleCI.
- Experience with JFrog Artifactory.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Knowledge of any of Solr, Redis, Elasticsearch, My SQL, Kafka, Consul. Vault, Terraform and Packer.
- Familiarity with Phoenix (the Elixir framework).
- Experience with orchestration systems such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
About the team:
- All of the teams at Avvo iterate quickly and ship multiple times a day.
- We’re running an entirely dockerized deployment system, and we’re always making improvements to help our teams ship safer, and more quickly.
- We mostly run Ruby on Rails, and have brought in technologies like Elixir, Node, and Rust.
- We’re open to using the right technologies for what we build.
If you love writing software that runs on the Internet, we'd love to talk with you.
Contact Info :
• Phone Number: +1 781.974.0366
• Email: email@example.com
• Office Address:
85 Overlook Road
Dallas Plantation, Maine 04970