Rapid River is looking for a Technical Project Manager to manage a web application in the Education space.
The Ideal Candidate:
You are a project management guru – a perfect mix of prioritization genius and organization prowess. You see the big picture, you quickly recognize what it takes to achieve it, and you drive results. While you know all of the methodologies, tools and tricks of the trade, you know that reaching the right outcomes is far more important than your obsession with status reports. Your role is to keep things moving, avoiding bureaucracy and bottlenecks. People love working with you because you engage all the right players and you know how to get stuff done along the path of least resistance.
- General management and delivery of web projects in an Agile development environment.
- Work with product and development teams to effectively drive projects from concept to launch.
- Ensure projects are launched according to published schedules.
- Facilitate transparency and information radiation on project status and potential issues.
- Resolve project, design, or resource issues before they cause schedule delays.
- Continually look to improve project management process to accommodate rapidly changing business needs.
- Attend and/or facilitate delivery team events in order to ensure continuity of planning towards larger projects and deliverables.
- Be able to speak to all open work - status, schedule, impediments, etc..
- Remove impediments for the team, and ensure focus on value delivery and improvement.
- Contribute to and drive team prioritization discussions.
Skills and Requirements:
- 3+ years IT project management experience.
- 3+ years’ experience on a software development team with thorough understanding of the software development life-cycle..
- 3+ years’ of experience working with teams to deliver software in a project manager or Scrum Master capacity..
- Proficiency in Agile and its different delivery frameworks (Scrum, Kanban, XP).
- Strong ability to use/manage project management tracking/reporting tools (eg. JIRA, Roadmunk).
- Ability to understand and then communicate technical issues to a broad range of technical knowledge levels.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, follow-through, and organizational skills.
- Highly analytical, logical, and good problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types.
- Ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff.
If you think you have what it takes, get in touch with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.