Rapid River provides a range of software development services, including web application development, data engineering and DevOps. We write software according to industry best practices, using techniques such as pair-programming, code review and automated code quality evaluation. We love Agile and practice either Scrum or Kanban on our projects. We are looking for capable software engineers of all levels of seniority to join our team.
About The Role
- You’ll be a member of a small team of developers which delivers product increments in an Agile setting.
- You’ll help your team by producing quality work through planning sessions, pair programming, code review and the use of code quality metrics. You’ll help improve technical processes so that the whole team stays productive.
- You’ll look for and take opportunities to guide team members, helping them turn into stronger and more experienced software engineers.
- You’ll be able to talk extemporaneously about team status and progress with a variety of stakeholders.
- Above all else, you’re a developer. You love code and coding.
- You love to talk about the nuances and trade-offs of implementation approaches.
- You dabble in the cutting-edge, and debate with others in technical communities.
- You take pride in providing a quality solution, whether it be in coding style, test coverage, or correctness of the product.
- You like to get to know about peripheral disciplines which help you achieve quality, like QA, Project/Product Management, UI/UX Design.
- You gain satisfaction from helping others around you, from team members who see you as a role model, to other people in the organization who see you as a source of help and a solver of problems.
- You don’t mind speaking out when you believe there are better options to follow, but you are open to other points of view and understand making compromises is part of running a project.
- You like pushing projects forward and are always on the look-out for creative ways to do so.
Skills And Requirements
- 2+ years of web application development experience for our junior level, more for higher levels.
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
- Good temperament and a genuine enjoyment of helping others grow.