About the Role
- You lead a small team of developers who deliver product increments in an Agile setting, following the Scrum methodology.
- You assist in the technical planning and implementation of tasks.
- You help the team in producing quality work through planning sessions, pair programming, code review and the use of code quality metrics.
- You provide mentorship to junior team members, helping them turn into stronger and more experienced software engineers.
- You are the primary contact point for the development team, liaising with the team’s Scrum Master and Product Owner where necessary.
In short, you’ll be responsible for the team’s success in delivering quality software.
About the Product
- Above all else, you’re a developer. You love code and coding.
- You prefer to talk about the nuances and trade-offs of implementation approaches over other topics.
- You dabble in the cutting-edge, and debate with others at community meet-ups.
- You take pride in providing a quality solution, whether it be in coding style, test coverage, or correctness of the product.
- You like to get to know about peripheral disciplines which help you achieve quality, like QA, Project/Product Management, UI/UX Design, DevOps Engineering.
- You gain satisfaction from helping others around you, from junior developers who see you as a role model, to other people in the organization who see you as a source of help and a solver of problems.
- You don’t mind to speak out when the correct path forward isn’t being followed, but you are open to listening to others’ points of view, in case they may change your mind.
- You like pushing projects forward, and are always on the look-out for creative ways to do so.
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
- Good temperament and a genuine enjoyment of helping others grow.
If you think you have what it takes, get in touch with us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.