Rapid River contributes to a large application built on a microservices architecture. The majority of the services in the stack are written in Ruby on Rails. We’re looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer to join our team and contribute to this application.
About The Role
- You are a member of a small team of developers who deliver product increments in an Agile setting.
- You are an individual contributor. You play a major part in team technical planning. Your implementation work typically gravitates toward the most challenging tasks that your team faces.
- You help the team in producing quality work through planning sessions, pair programming, code review and the use of code quality metrics. You help improve technical process so that the whole team stays productive.
- You look for and take opportunities to guide team members, helping them turn into stronger and more experienced software engineers.
- You can talk extemporaneously about team status and progress with a variety of stakeholders.
About The Product
The product is a web application in the North American legal space, which provides a directory, a Q&A forum and connects individuals with lawyers.
- Above all else, you’re a developer. You love code and coding.
- You prefer to talk about the nuances and trade-offs of implementation approaches over other topics.
- You dabble in the cutting-edge, and debate with others in technical communities.
- You take pride in providing a quality solution, whether it be in coding style, test coverage, or correctness of the product.
- You like to get to know about peripheral disciplines which help you achieve quality, like QA, Project/Product Management, UI/UX Design, DevOps Engineering.
- You gain satisfaction from helping others around you, from junior developers who see you as a role model, to other people in the organization who see you as a source of help and a solver of problems.
- You don’t mind to speak out when you believe there are better options to follow, but you are open to other points of view and understand making compromises is part of running a project.
- You like pushing projects forward, and are always on the look-out for creative ways to do so.
Skills And Requirements
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
- Good temperament and a genuine enjoyment of helping others grow.