A key new role has opened up at Rapid River. We’re looking for a QA Lead to join our team!
About the Role
- The role will be our first hire in the QA space.
To date, QA has been handled either by our clients, our product people, or (in the case of automated testing) our developers. Your ability to bring QA expertise into Rapid River is an important factor.
- The role will evolve over time.
It will start off focused, and broaden as time goes on. You’ll start by providing hands-on QA support for one part of one project. You’ll build a process around this focused work, so that together we can bring on other QA team members who can take over what you’ve established. From there you’ll broaden your focus to all aspects of QA on this one project. Again, when process is established other incoming team members will take over operational aspects. With time, your role will broaden to fully lead all QA activity across all Rapid River projects (existing and future).
- The role will involve recruitment and management activity.
In time you’ll lead at least one QA Engineer (performing manual testing) and one Automation Engineer (creating automated test suites). Part of your responsibilities will involve the recruitment and on-boarding of new QA team members. You will then be expected to guide their work and career development.
- You’re highly organized and meticulous. You pride yourself on achieving perfection in the standard of work you deliver.
- You can’t stand the thought of your contributions being the source of something becoming broken or not being done correctly.
- You’re not concerned about being curt with other people if it means things get done right. While you maintain professionalism and courtesy, you are not afraid of playing the role of “bad cop” when necessary.
- You’re analytical and process driven. You love defining instructions and following them to the letter.
- You have a strong interested in software testing techniques and controlled deployment mechanisms like Continuous Delivery.
- You take to mentoring others, and are able to brush your strict high standards off onto the other people you work with.
- You cause developers to say things like “QA will never sign off on this, we need to do things more thoroughly”.
About the Project
The first project you will contribute to is a high-traffic, microservices-based web application in the Legal space. A Rapid River development team provides a range of development work on this project, but currently has to rely on an external QA team to have work approved. This arrangement hinders our ability to deliver significant portions of new work quickly, so we’d like to bring QA “in house” and become more autonomous. With this, full ownership of significant parts of the development process will become possible - an arrangement which we’d like to work ourselves into. Our work on this project needs both a comprehensive QA process in place, and also satisfactory monitoring and insight into the health of the system at all times.
Skills and Requirements
- 5+ years of QA experience in the web application development space.
- Excellent English language written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with test automation, with technologies like Selenium or equivalent.
- Experience writing manual testing plans, and guiding QA Engineers in their execution.
If you think you have what it takes, get in touch with us by sending an email to email@example.com.